It is important to note that unlike other printers we have reviewed, the Canon LX-D5500 does not come with the print head already installed. Users will have to manually install the print head during their set-up before they can begin printing.
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to install the print head into your LX-D5500 inkjet color printer.
- Open your printer
- Remove 2 screws to remove the maintenance cover from the upper unit
- Close the upper unit
You will want to remove any shipping tape within the printer before removing the print module cover. Be sure to save this cover as you will replace it later on.
- Open the lower print head release lever and remove the blade cleaner
- Remove your print head from its package
- Remove the cover and the protective materials
- Remove the print head from its case
Be sure to not to touch the circuit boards and print head face while removing the protective covers.
- Place the print head on the rail guide and insert it into the printer until it stops
- Mount the blade cleaner and close both the lower print head release lever and the upper print head release lever
- Make sure the numbers 1, 2, and 3 are visible
- Reattach the print module cover to the print module
To open the upper unit, you will need to press down on the upper unit open lever.
- Put the maintenance cover on the upper unit before closing the upper unit and the roll cover
- Reinsert the screws into the print module cover