Why Our Labels Cost Less
You've heard the phrase "cut out the middlemen."
At Smith Corona, that's exactly what we do.
Our integrated supply chain is fully managed in-house. Because we don't contract with third parties for the different points in the manufacturing process, we control costs and ultimately create a savings of roughly 30% off typical market prices.
How Do We Do It?
- It's simple, really. By performing all manufacturing steps in-house, we eliminate costly shipping and profit margins for multiple third-party vendors.
- A laminator typically adds a 10% markup to add a protective coating to the raw paper stock. At Smith Corona, we laminate our stock in-house.
- Likewise, a converter typically adds a 10% markup for their work. We do this in-house, too.
- Last but not least, we don't sell at wholesale prices to a retailer. They typically need to make a margin of 10-40% on top of the wholesale cost of the labels. To eliminate this unnecessary expense for our valued customers, we sell directly to you at wholesale prices.
- We could sell our labels to you with a retail markup, but we don't. Why? Because we want you to save on your labels. It's really that simple.
Where Does My Label Come From?